A developer putting a product on our store does not mean that it will get a favorable review. While Sam is committed to ensuring the best quality of journalism possible, we do not intend to market products on the store that we would not buy ourselves.
We are convinced that the results of Threshold will speak for themselves. Threshold was created to fill a gap that its founders felt in the overall landscape of Flight Sim editorials, news, stores, and so much more. We are new and unproven. This is something that we are well aware of. We know we have a long road ahead, and we know that trust is something earned, not given. Please reach out to us if you have a concern. The only thing we can ask of you is to be patient, trust us the best you can, help us grow, and wish us good luck. Thank you so much for sticking with us.
Our ultimate goal is to make Threshold the hub of discussion and information, being a major X-Plane news source. With that, our responsibility is to provide honest, unbiased and truthful information to our readers. We respect and celebrate other's effort to realise their intepretation of the ideal store or news website and we acknowledge their contribution to the X-Plane community.
We believe it would be deceitful to have the same entity manage a store and an editorial in different places. This is why we have elected to keep both under the Threshold brand. This does raise some important questions, and the answers for which are below.
A DIFFERENT SAME
The Editorial remains autonomous from the Store's operations. Magnus Lorvik is the CEO of Threshold, and handles all things related to the store alongside working with Sam in regards to developer relations. Sam Clark is Threshold’s Editor-In-Chief, and supervises all of the content that is published in our editorial.
TRUST & CREDIBILITY
The trust from you can only be gained through continously keeping within the borders we have drawn of independent commentary and news. We will cover as much as we can - and won't be selective in our reports. Our reviews have to be fair no matter who sells the product. We won't welcome developers who can not take constructive criticism in the same fashion that we are willing to accept it. That is the essence of Threshold. We will not bash any product, nor praise any product if it's not warranted.
- The Threshold Administration consists of four individuals: Magnus Lorvik: CEO, Peter Tram: Chief Designer, Alex John, Chief Operations, and Sam Clark: Editor-In-Chief.
- Magnus manages the Threshold Store, Peter manages design and products at Threshold, Alex oversees the general operations of the entire company, and Sam manages the News & Editorial.
- Articles written by any Executive that is not the Editor-in-Chief must be approved for publishing by the Editor-In-Chief.
- The Threshold Editorial will clearly mark reviews of products that is being sold, or likely being sold, on the Threshold Store.
- Credit must be given to all individuals that contribute to a piece.
- Writers are encouraged to write in their own style, but news shall be written impartially.
- Personal attacks against other individuals and entities are not acceptable.
- Evidence must be provided for any allegations against individuals or entities.
- In order to avoid bias and conflicts of interest, an objective review guide will be developed and be referred to for aircraft, scenery, plugins, etc.
- All statements of fact, including quotations, must be appropriately cited.