News is the core of Threshold Editorial – it’s what we were founded on: to deliver excellent content in in the world of X-Plane. Threshold has become the largest X-Plane news site in the world, and has gone on to cover Microsoft Flight Simulator too. Our vast reach enables us to cover more and more news stories from developers across the scene, which means we need more capacity in the form of news writers.
We’re always on the hunt for more enthusiastic flight simmers who have a passion for writing and sharing their content with the community. An ideal candidate for this position would have a passion for X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator and its third-party addon scene, have very good English writing skills, and be a good communicator. Other considerations we like candidates to have include:
- A thorough researcher, fact checker & validator
- Deep knowledge of current and past flight sim happenings
- Excellent time management - Can meet deadlines
- Adapt at different conditions - Be work ready during peak news hours
- Able to withhold confidential information
- Have visual taste; basic knowledge in design
- Excellent proficiency in English with a developed writing style
- Reasonable amount of time set aside dedicate to News writing
So, what’s in it for you?
Here at Threshold we offer a number of perks for our members to give back for their great work contributing to the site. These include:
- A payment programme
- Review copies of software provided by the developer
- Recognised position within the community
- Behind the scenes news and information about forthcoming products
- Optional moderating position with our partners (e.g. Threshold Forum)
- Be part of a large, friendly, multicultural team spread across the globe.
Think this is a bit of you? We’d love to hear from you! When applying, we recommend adding a short CV/profile to give us a better idea of who you are, as well as a writing sample. Typically, applicants will write up a news story on something that we haven’t covered (recent freeware releases are very popular for this purpose).
Applications are to be directed to our Editorial team. Our email is: email@example.com
Once we’ve reviewed your application, we can get started making you a part of our trial writer program! Essentially the trial writer program provides orientation about how we operate and allows candidates to find their feet with us. Once a writer is comfortable with our specialist software, they will be invited to our full ranks where items like Threshold perks will take effect.