Threshold Media is the newest section of our site and one we’re all excited to get in to. Video coverage is something we’ve been a little weak at in the past and as such, we hope to remedy this with the launch of Threshold Media. We’re looking for dedicated individuals who can produce content for our YouTube channel and who are excited about expanding Threshold's Media department further.
Threshold Media will range from reviews to first looks to in-depth analysis, so any candidate must be knowledgeable on flight sim matters or ready to learn about them. In addition, having a solid understanding of video editing is a must if you wish to enter as a media editor.
An ideal candidate for this position would be a flight simmer who would like to become more involved in the community. They should have at minimum a basic understanding of flight simulation add-ons and have very good English communication skills. If you do not understand the add-on scene in too much depth, that is okay! Threshold Media is more than willing to assist you in getting acquainted with this. Other qualities we like candidates to have include:
- A thorough researcher, fact checker & validator
- Knowledge of current and past flight simulation happenings
- Excellent time management, can meet deadlines
- Able to withhold confidential information
- Excellent proficiency in English and English writing (if interested in a scriptor position)
- Have excellent videography and animation skills (if interested in an editor position)
So, what’s in it for you?
Here at Threshold we offer a number of perks for our members to give back for their great work contributing to the site. These include:
- A payment programme
- Review copies of software provided by the developer
- Recognised position within the community
- Behind the scenes news and information about forthcoming products
- Optional moderating position with our partners (Threshold Forum, 737 Ultimate/Zibo, etc.)
- Be part of a large, friendly, multicultural team spread across the globe
Think this is a bit of you? We’d love to hear from you! When applying, we recommend adding a short CV/profile to give us a better idea of who you are, as well as samples of previous work.
Applications are to be directed to Sol Vashez, Threshold’s Director of Media. His email is: email@example.com
Once we’ve had the chance to review your application, we’ll contact you and invite you to our HQ, where we can get you set up for your first video!