AeroDesign & X-Codr Designs Release "Payware for Free" Montgomery (KMGM)
AeroDesign and X-Codr have released their first scenery together under the "Payware for Free" brand, centred around Montgomery Regional Airport (KMGM). This follows the release of AeroDesign's debut scenery, John Glenn Columbus International (KCMH) in June.
X-Codr Designs was working on their Denver International Airport prior to KMGM's release.
Montgomery Regional Airport is the main airport serving commercial traffic in Montgomery, Alabama and plays host to roughly 72,000 operations annually.
Uploader of the scenery, X-Codr, goes on to explain the logic behind the "Payware for Free" branding on this scenery:
"While my KDEN scenery was still under development GuyFly of AeroDesigns came to me with a partially completed KMGM with the idea we could work together on. His work was exceptionally good, so we have been working on this together in between our own separate projects since. While this is freeware, we both decided we want to emphasis that by all standards except the price this is payware. Our goal with this project is to set the standard for payware quality freeware. After over 5 months of work, we feel that we have accomplished this goal with what is in our opinions, the best freeware scenery ever (in terms of quality, not size)."
The feature list is as follows:
- Ultra-detailed ground textures
- 1 foot resolution ortho imagery made crisper with decal technology
- Ultra HD pavement textures with normal maps for reflections and pebble level detail
- Realistic large-scale grunge textures to break up repetition
- Ultra-detailed buildings
- Extreme building resolutions ranging from 2 PPI to 4 PPI
- Advanced PBR normal maps for superb material properties and enhanced detail
- Advanced procedurally generated wear and tear
- Detailed ground clutter
- Detailed terminal interior with animated 3d people
- Ultra-realistic high performance 3d vegetation
- Dynamic living airport
- Plenty of scenery animations such as animated air conditioners
- Listen to ambient scenery sounds based on location such as traffic, terminal interiors, and even ACs (Windows 10 only)
- Advanced World Traffic 3 routes by Brian "Cpt. K-man" Navy (Bird Stryke Designs)
- Full SAM support with custom animated jetways
- Responds to the environment
- KMGM features Summer, Autumn, Winter versions
- KMGM features weather effects such as rain and snow
- All changes take place automatically on scenery reload, no file changes required
- KMGM is highly optimized using advanced techniques; VR is even achievable on high settings on middle end hardware
- Custom mesh for the airport is included with Vertical Simulations VStates Alabama
- X-Codr Designs Sound XP Plugin adds immersive ambient scenery sounds, a first in XPlane (Windows 10 only)
You can see the video trailer for the scenery here:
To get AeroDesigns/X-Codr Montgomery Regional Airport for yourself, check out the download page on the X-Plane.org Forum.
Cheers to AeroDesign founder IamMrPickles69 for the tip off in the Threshold Discord server :)