AOA Simulations Releases F-22A Raptor for X-Plane
April 10, 2021
Following the first previews of the aircraft released in October 2020, AOA Simulations has released their F-22A Raptor for X-Plane
The aircraft comes with three different variants of the aircraft, each tasked with its own unique capabilities and includes an FMOD sound package by SimAcoustics.
AOA Simulations is also behind many other military aircraft for X-Plane as the F-35A and F-35B. The group also previously sold a V-22 Osprey, although this was removed after complications between developers. Despite the previous version not being up for sale anymore, a completely new rendition of the aircraft is currently in the works by the development group.
AOA Simulations is not purely behind military aircraft, the developer also made a Vans R-8, which came in both a taildragger and tricycle gear specifications.
The F-22A Raptor is an aircraft used exclusively by the US military and is extremely popular among aviation enthusiasts for its extreme manoeuvrability due to its thrust vectoring capabilities. AOA Simulation’s rendition of the aircraft also includes functioning pitch vectoring thrust nozzles.
Here’s the full feature list:
High quality 3D model
- 3 models: Air-to-Air, Air-to-Ground and EFT (External Fuel Tanks)
- Highly accurate 3D exterior model
- Every door and control surface animated
- All F-22 unique flight control actions accurately reproduced
- Every switch and control in the detailed 3D cockpit works
- Ground equipment
- 4K PBR textures
- Beautiful 4K liveries out of the box
- Smooth and VR-friendly cockpit control manipulators
High quality sounds
- Professional FMOD sound package by SimAcoustics
- Audible high lift wing rumble and pilot anti G strain sounds when pulling G's
- Accurate doppler, distance attenuation and flyby effects
- Active Noise Canceling feature for pilot's helmet
- Extremely maneuverable
- Pitch vectoring engine nozzles
- Carefree handling to any AOA (Angle Of Attack)
- Super cruise to Mach 1.8+ without afterburner
AOA Simulations “standard” features
- SASL plug in controls all cockpit displays and aircraft systems
- Ground, "virtual" and "AI" in-flight refueling capability without having to use drop down menus, load special situations or interrupt your current flight
- "Roll-to-see" dynamic pilot head camera plug-in
- "Target Track" plug-in locks pilot camera on AI planes for easy formation flying
- Functioning Auto GCAS (Automatic Ground Collision Avoidance System)
- Approach Power Compensation autopilot auto-throttle mode
- All automatic aircraft systems can be disabled with cockpit switches
- Basic Helmet Mounted Target displays in addition to the F-22 Raptor HUD
To purchase the AOA Simulations F-22A Raptor, head over to the X-Plane.org Store, where it is on sale for $40.00.
Thanks to Discord user RCFLYER86 for tipping us off to the release in the Threshold Discord Server.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.