Aerosoft / Stairport Releases Chania Airport
After a set of previews alerting users to an imminent release earlier this week, Stairport has released their latest scenery in partnership with publisher Aerosoft: Chania - Daskalogiannis XP.
Named after the famed Cretan warrior, Chania's airport is the second largest on the Greek island, following Heraklion's bigger brother some 150km away.
Highly detailed ground textures and 3D objects come standard in this scenery, in addition to custom static aircraft matching those seen at the real-world airport, HDR lighting and of course, integration with Stairport's Scenery Animation Manager plugin. A custom mesh is also included which adds sloped runway functionality.
The scenery lists compatibility with Orbx's TerraFlora and TrueEarth, though no appropriate TrueEarth region covers the island of Crete at this time. SFD Global and Ortho4XP compatibility has also been taken into consideration.
Here's the full feature list:
- High detailed ground textures and runway - taxiway lines including the new apron parking positions and lines modified in summer 2018
- High detailed 3d objects & buildings including the new terminal building completed in 2018
- Custom static aircrafts according to real world service
- HDR lighting including detailed 3d taxi and runway lighting
- Animated vehicles in the apron area
- Animated marshaller (SAM required)
- Custom mesh for unique elevation including sloped runway (Ortho4XP patch included)
- PBR ground textures
- HD vegetation and grass
- Custom Color & Season Adjustments (SAMv2 Plugin required)
You can purchase Stairport's Chania Airport recreation for €19.29 (excl. VAT) from the Aerosoft web store here.