Aerosoft Releases Dortmund for X-Plane
Another lovely German airport has popped up in the Aerosoft store! Aerosoft has quietly released the X-Plane conversion of Dortmund for X-Plane. Covering the entire city of the same name, the scenery encompasses two airports, the citys' main airport: Airport Dortmund (EDLW) as well as the airfield Hengsen-Opherdicke (EO08). For helicopter pilots, the Helipad of the "Hospital Centre North" is solid and landable, providing a great oppurtunity for rescue missions.
We've covered their announcement on the forums earlier here. It seems that the developers behind this conversion has done a great job in modernising the scenery, considering the age of the product from MSFS. As such we personally think it looks better than the original product.
Both the airport and the city were modelled in detail, utilising photorealistic ground textures and recreating landmarks, in addition - hand-corrected autogen placement was done to make buildings sit perfectly to the underlying satellite imagery. A well rounded scenery package for all types of pilots, IFR for pilots flying to and from Airport Dortmund, VFR pilots setting base in Hengsen-Opherdicke, and Helipilots dispatching from the hospital.
One of the developers has kindly shared more images of the product on the Threshold Forums
Here is the feature list:
- Detailed rendition of the airport and its surroundings, incl. landmark objects
- Photo realistic ground textures based on aerial images (50cm/px)
- All airport buildings and facilities
- True-to-original navigation aids (ILS, VOR/DME, NDB, ATIS)
- Excellent night effects
- True-to-original runway and taxiway lighting
- Detailed 3D city model of Dortmund incl. colour-corrected 60cm/px aerial image covering the entire city area
- Authentic rendition of the airfield Hengsen-Opherdicke incl. colour-corrected 30cm/px aerial image
- The aerial images for Hengsen-Opherdicke can be turned off
- Autogen covering the area of the aerial image, corrected by hand
- Animated wind objects: wind turbines and windsocks specific to Hengsen-Opherdicke as well as the helipad the Hospital Centre North
- Ship traffic at the Dortmund-Ems Canal when using the Seatraffic plug-in by Marginal/Jonathan Harris
- Volumetric grass, toggleable
- PBR-based reflecting water surfaces
- Backup library – runs without add-ons
You may purchase Dortmund for X-Plane for $22.99 at the Aerosoft Store. Availability is coming soon for the Threshold Store and possibly X-Plane.org Store.