If You're Out of The Loop: "ASSP" Has Released A300B2 For X-Plane
September 12, 2021
In case you missed it, there was another A300 that has been recently released for X-Plane, the team goes by the name ASSP and this seems to be their first product. In contrast to iniBuilds’ A300 which is the latest -600 iteration, ASSP’s A300 is of the B2 version, which is an upgraded model over the original Airbus A300. There wasn’t a lot of information that came out of this development beforehand, no teasers or prior release announcements (not that we know of).
From the feature-list on the product page: the product has detailed modelling inside & out, with a fully 3D exterior model with animated detailed landing gears and custom engine and wing flex, all of the doors on the aircraft are functional and openable. The flight deck features a 3D cockpit model that is equipped with two lighting sets covering the old and classic configuration. In the cabin, the plane comes with 7 liveries which are matched with custom-cabin customisations.
Systems wise, the aircraft features hydraulics, electrical, pressurisation, APU, GPU, and a custom autopilot system. Unique to the aircraft are two independent weather radars that work with the default X-Plane weather engine. Two universal FMS are integrated, which also works with the default X-Plane FMC.
Performance wise, the A300 is equipped with two CF6-50 CR engines, and the flight-modelling and behaviour are closely simulated and validated by real pilots. The engines are brought to life with a fully customised FMOD sound pack. Last but not least, it’s FPS friendly.
The ASSP A300 has an asking price of $45 and is available on the xplane.org store. If you with any reason aren’t compelled to shell in $90 on the iniBuilds A300, this is half the price of that… (obviously not a directly comparable product, but..it is an A300!) If you'd like to explore more images of the product, check it out here.
Here’s the full feature list:
- 3D Cockpit model
- Full 3D exterior model
- Full Detailed Landing Gear animation
- Custom engine Flex and wing Flex
- Old and Classic lights illumination
- 7 livery pack included
- Customized Cabin for each livery
- Hydraulic system
- Customized Autopilot 1-2 system
- Electrical system
- Pressurization system
- APU system
- GPU system
- Doors operative
- Two independent Weather RADAR (WX radar works with default X-plane weather engine)
- Oxygen system
- Fuel system
- Two Universal FMS (works with default X-plane FMC) and Use ND for navigation
TCAS with TA/RA mode
- Full system test
- Animated IRS system
- Full Customized annunciator system
- Full anti Ice system
- Customized Strat Up system
- Fuel JETTISON system
- Brack Fan system
- Detailed General Electric GE CF6-50CR performance
- Detailed Aerodynamic performance of A300
- Detailed Weight and Balance
- Tested with real airbus A300 pilot
- Full Custom system FMOD sound
- General Electric GE CF6-50CR FMOD sound
Friendly Frame rate
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.