Aerosoft/Stairport releases Brandenburg Airport
Users anticipating a taste in flying to Berlin's upcoming new airport are in for a good time! We've covered the imminent release in an exclusive news entry a few days ago, and as promised the airport is out for everyone. Developed by the folks at LimeSim and 29Palms, the product garnered numerous accolades on the ESP platform, and now our friends at Stairport Sceneries has given it a well deserved proper conversion to X-Plane, including their increasingly popular Scenery Animation Manager.
The real airport is known for its infamous failure to complete and open on time, Berlin-Brandenburg Airport was not a very lucky project. Construction work began in September 2006 and the opening to the public was scheduled for October 2011. The construction progress continues to fall more and more behind the initial schedule and costs have been skyrocketing ever since. The airport has suffered from continued delays; it is far from completion and as of now an opening date is still not in sight.
The add-on itself covers the new airport itself, and the integrated neighbouring airport Airport Berlin Schönefeld. Two configurations are provided to make it easy in switching between the current status and one where the new airport is already open.
- Highly detailed rendition of Berlin Brandenburg International Airport "Willy Brandt" (BER)
- Includes the older Schönefeld (SXF) airport (north of BER) with the same level of detail
- Includes two configs to switch between SXF and BER operation
- Custom animated approach lights (SAM Plugin required)
- All jetways animated (SAM Plugin required)
- Numerous dynamic objects like apron vehicles
- High resolution day and night textures
- Extensive coverage of over 100 km² with high resolution aerial imagery (0.2-0.4 m/px)
- Realistic 3D grass and vegetation
- Ground Layout: End of 2018
- Compatible with default AI-Traffic and World Traffic 3
Purchase the scenery on the Aerosoft Store for €25.17