First screenshots of Active Sky XP
HiFi Simulations have released the first screenshots of Active Sky XP just days after revealing more information about their first weather engine for X-Plane. We previously reported on ASXP last week, when Hifi released more information about the product. They revealed that ASXP is now in release candidate phase and should be released before the year's end.
These screenshots were posted on the Active Sky Facebook page just a few minutes ago.
From the HiFi website: ASXP will have plenty of features to enhance your experience in X-Plane 11:
- Active Air Effects: Replaces internal X-Plane turbulence and air effects, providing enhanced turbulence, drafts, thermals, terrain-based wind effects, surface friction, gusts, variability, wake turbulence, microbursts and more
- High-Performance Weather Depiction: Uses internal X-Plane 11.2x/11.3x cloud depiction for maximum performance and smoothness, with multiple weather depiction modes including theme cell “real weather” mode and global static mode – VR compatible and optimized!
- Active Sky Weather Engine: An evolved version of the Active Sky platform brings the core features that made Active Sky the leading weather engine for other platforms: Advanced weather synthesis and interpolation, high-resolution global winds aloft, realistic air and atmosphere effects, a comprehensive weather data network, integrated visual mapping and planning, and much, much more
- Voice Weather Delivery: Active Sky ATIS and Flightwatch are available at any time by listening on 122.00, 122.02 or 122.03 for closest station, actual/current interpolated conditions and destination weather reports, respectively
- Surface Crosswind Attenuation: Optional, for better ground handling in crosswind conditions while preserving headwind/tailwind component for performance accuracy
- Mobile Companion App: Use any device/browser to connect with Active Sky over your network and view and control the weather
To find out more about ASXP, see our previous news post which details pricing, update scheme and compatibility with 3rd party cloud addons.