X-Rotors Release AW109 For X-Plane
X-Rotors has released their latest helicopter for X-Plane, the AW109, an aircraft that packs in a wide range of features. The helicopter, which is produced by AugustaWestland offers users a realistic representation of one of the most famous multipurpose helicopters in the world. The variant of the helicopter that X-Rotors has recreated is the Civil VIP variant.
X-Rotors announced the AW109 in 2018 shortly after releasing the V4 version of the AW139. Since the release, the developer has posted intermittent updates on progress during the extended period. The intention of release was shared on the 28th of November, where it was announced that the AW109 was very close to release. Following the announcement, the final release of the helicopter was on Saturday the 4th of December.
The X-Rotors AW109 is not the only rendition of the helicopter to be developed for X-Plane, with X-Trident having announced in May of this year that it had also started the development of the model for X-Plane, although, no release date has been announced by this developer.
The Agusta Westland AW109 is an eight-seat, lightweight, twin-engine helicopter built by Anglo-Italian manufacturer AgustaWestland. The type’s first flight was under the name Agusta A109 in 1971, and the vehicle is used in transport, aeromedical evacuation, search and rescue, and military functions.
Below is the list of features provided by the developer:
- Realistic flight model tested by real A109 pilot.
- Rogerson Kratos NEO AV 500 EADI & EHSI with NAV (N) and BRG (B) functions
- Primary EDU with functional START and CRUISE menus
- Secondary EDU with available MAIN and AUX menus
- Custom CAS advisories, cautions, and warnings *
- Heli pilot, fuel management console, and overhead panel with motorized PMS
- Realistic 3-axis autopilot with cyclic and pedal trim functions
- Bendix King array of functional radios COM/NAV 1 & 2, ADF, XPDR, and Garmin 530
- AeroTech LC-6 chronometer w/local time, UTC, flight time, and stopwatch functions
- Custom FMOD sounds package
- A highly detailed 3D model with hundreds of moving parts and 4K textures
- 3D lights and PBR textures
- Fast installer and uninstaller for Windows, Mac, and Linux powered by Amazon S3
- Five corporate liveries included
- PSD template included making your livery
- Reference guide included with instructions and checklists
- Ready for X-Plane 12
The X-Rotors AW109 can be purchased on the X-Rotors Website and retails for €34.00.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.