Boundless Simulations Release Alderney Island for Microsoft Flight Simulator
June 12, 2021
Earlier this week, multi-sim developer Boundless Simulations released their rendition of Alderney Island for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The new scenery, created in partnership with iniScene, features a fully modelled Alderney Airport (EGJA), with high-quality textures and a custom ground poly.
According to the developer, the scenery “is the result of hundreds of hours of work on bringing the island along with Alderney airport (EGJA) to the world of Microsoft Flight Simulator in accordance with the latest developmental standards”.
A full list of feature is as follows:
- A faithful rendition of the Island of Alderney
- High-resolution, hand-corrected orthoimagery spanning the entire island
- Custom buildings for VFR landmarks, several forts, and hundreds of custom hand-placed placed objects
- Corrected mesh and realistic runway configurations as per official data
- Custom ground poly by iniScene
- 4K, PBR texturing in the airport area by iniScene
Alderney Island, part of the Channel Islands, is around 3 miles long and 1.5 miles wide. Its main airport EGJA was built in 1935 and is served by Aurigny Airlines, who operate flights to and from cities like London, Southampton, Bristol and Leeds - to name a few.
Currently, the scenery can be purchased on the iniBuilds store for $14.16, excluding sales tax. An X-Plane version of the same scenery is also available for purchase on the same site.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.