Carenado Releases PA34T for Microsoft Flight Simulator
May 7, 2021
Carenado has released their next aircraft add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator, the Piper PA34T Seneca V, after announcing the project in mid-April 2021. The aircraft features the GNS530 and GNS430 avionics, realistic sounds and more.
This release marks the 6th aircraft release by the development group for Microsoft Flight Simulator, joining their stablemates: PA28R Arrow III, WYMF5, PA44 Seminole, M20R Ovation and CT182T Skylane.
“With a sleek design this fast, flexible and simple to fly twin is designed for a cross country flight at a very reasonable price and comfort” Carenado states. “Twin engine, six seats, 220 HP (each engine), cruise speed of 164 TAS and a maximum range of 825 NM are its main features”.
Carenado’s PA34T Seneca V features the following:
- S-TEC 55 autopilot
- KR87 ADF
- BK KN62 DME
- Digital Display Monitoring System
- BK RDR2000 weather radar
- Cold and dark / Ready to taxi / Ready for takeoff start options
- GTX330 transponder
- Engine and wind sound effects when opening doors and windows
- Original HQ digital stereo sounds recorded directly from the real aircraft (engine, knobs, switches, buttons and different elements)
- Realistic flight dynamics compared to the real airplane.
- Realistic weight and balance. Tested by several pilots for maximum accuracy
- Physically Based Rendering (PBR) materials and textures.PBR materials authored with industry-standard software used by the film and gaming industries
- Tablet interface for controlling static elements, pilots, opening doors, etc.; and starting options such as cold and dark and ready to taxi
Currently, the PA34T is exclusively available on the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace for USD $29.99. However, Carenado plans to add it to their website at a later date.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.