Carenado Releases the WYMF5 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
January 15, 2021
With no official announcement from the developer, Carenado has once again quietly released another aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS). This time with the WYMF5 suddenly appearing on the MSFS marketplace.
The WYMF5 is definitely an older aircraft, with Carenado classifying it as a “classic biplane.” Considering its age, the aircraft boasts a decent range of 432 nautical miles. Powered by a singular seven-cylinder radial engine rated at 300 HP, the aircraft is able to reach a cruise speed of 114MPH (183.5 KPH) while carrying a maximum of two people.
Carenado provided customs with a feature list via the product page of the aircraft. According to the list, the aircraft contains “real engine and wind sound effects,” PBR materials, and more. You can view the full feature list below.
- Real engine and wind sound effects.
- Original HQ digital stereo sounds recorded directly from the real aircraft (engine, knobs, switches, buttons, and different elements).
- Realistic flight dynamics compared to the real airplane. Realistic weight and balance. Tested by several pilots for maximum accuracy.
- Physically Based Rendering (PBR) materials and textures.
- PBR materials authors with industry-standard software used by the film and gaming industries.
- A Tablet interface for controlling static elements, pilot, etc., and starting options such as cold and dark and ready tom taxi.
The aircraft is available for purchase from the Microsoft Flight Simulator marketplace for CAD18.99.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.