CanadianFlightSimStudios Announces West Kootenay Regional
May 13, 2021
CanadianFlightSimStudios, formally known as Canada4XPlane, has announced West Kootenay Regional Airport (CYCG), located in the city of Castlegar, British Columbia.
The scenery will be released for both Microsoft Flight Simulator and X-Plane 11.
West Kootenay Regional will feature the following:
- HD Mesh for the entire city of Castlegar and surrounding area, all major and nearby roads have been worked on by hand meter by meter.
- 20cm per pixel ortho for the airport, slightly lower quality for the entire city of Castlegar and surrounding area.
- All major landmarks modeled
- All bridges will be modeled (halfway done) in and around the CYCG and City area.
- Both hydroelectric dams will be modeled
- Terminal and ATC tower interior
- High res vegetation models
- High res models for the City, and Airport
Central Mountain Air, an operator at the airport, offers flights to Vancouver in their Beechcraft 1900 aircraft. The airport only operates during the day time due to its difficult mountain approach.
“Keep in mind the preivews are early on and mainly focus on the models and mesh” the development team states, later adding that more previews will be posted in their discord server.
The original source can be viewed on the development team’s Discord Server, which is where the team will post more previews of West Kootenay Regional. CanadianFlightSimStudio also notes that their previous sceneries under the name Canada4XPlane are still available.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.