X-Codr Designs Updates Denver International Airport for X-Plane 11 and 12
X-Codr Designs has recently released a major update to their rendition of Denver International Airport (KDEN) for X-Plane 11 and 12, delivering the culmination of two years of development time with a load of new features and improvements.
Version 2.0 - free to owners of the previous version - brings a high-quality rendition of the airport as of 2023, with an up-to-date ground layout, realistic terminal interiors with multiple points of interest, animated escalators, animated people (with varying density according to the time of day), windows on buildings that mimic the optics of real glass, PBR texturing, and performance-friendly optimization.
It uses their Living Scenery Technology plugin that warrants animated people, animated vehicles traveling at realistic speeds, animated electronic display boards on concourse B displaying time and temperature, variable AC fan blade speeds depending on temperature, and more.
The complete list of features follows down below:
- Complete remodel of terminal areas, including new terminal expansions as of 2023
- Full highly detailed terminal interiors complete with animated 3d people
- Brand new cargo ramp models
- Brand new GA ramp models
- New SWA hangar
- Retexture of all major hangars
- Major overhaul of ground textures
- Brand new grunge textures
- Brand new jetways with lite interiors
- Tons of bug fixes and clean up of old issues
- Tons of optimizations to make KDEN one of the best performing sceneries available, despite the very high amount of detail.
The scenery is available on the X-Plane.Org Store for $29.95, requiring at least 7.5 GB of free hard disk space to install. As previously mentioned, owners of the previous version are entitled to a free upgrade.
Stay tuned to Threshold for more flight simulation news!
Share this page
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.