Carenado Releases Piper PA28R Arrow III for Microsoft Flight Simulator
March 5, 2021
Earlier today, multi-sim developer Carenado released their rendition of the Piper PA28R Arrow III for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The developer brings the “most popular low-wing retracting gear aircraft of all times” with realistic flight systems, customized PBR textures, accurate flight dynamics, and much more.
A full list of features for the airplane is as follows:
- 2 default GNS430.
- Custom S-TEC 55 autopilot.
- Custom KR87 ADF.
- Custom BK KN62 DME.
- Default GTX330 transponder.
- Engine and wind sound effects when opening doors and windows.
- Original HQ digital stereo sounds recorded directly from the real aircraft (engine, knobs, switches, buttons, and different elements).
- Realistic flight dynamics compared to the real airplane. Realistic weight and balance. Tested by several pilots for maximum accuracy.
- Physically Based Rendering (PBR) materials and textures.
- PBR materials authored with industry-standard software used by the film and gaming industries.
- Tablet interphase for controlling static elements, pilots, opening doors, etc.; and starting options such as cold and dark and ready to taxi.
The PA28R Arrow is “a very versatile aircraft suitable for family, work or recreational purposes”. A “single engine, four seats, 201 HP, a cruise speed of 138 KTS, and a maximum range of 850 NM” are the spotlight features.
Currently, the aircraft can only be purchased from the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace for USD $29.05 or GBP £20.99.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.