Carenado Releases Saab 340B for X-Plane
Multi-sim giant Carenado have released their latest aircraft for Laminar's sim, the Saab 340B. The project was announced just a few days before Christmas 2018, with little heard from the developer about it since.
The release was announced via the Carenado Facebook page, with an official video trailer accompanying it.
The Saab 340B by Carenado features:
- High-end 4k PBR (Physically-based Rendering) graphics throughout, with ultra-realistic materials rendition (Dynamic reflections, realistic metal and dielectric materials, etc.)
- Fully customized in-depth annunciator logic/aural warning logic/throttle logic, with friction control, gate, flight idle and flight idle override.
- Custom EHSI and EADI instruments and custom MFD85 with moving map, all featuring detachable pop-up windows
- Integrated FMS with detachable pop-up window (Laminar default)
- Custom APS85 Autopilot with detachable pop-up window
- Fully customized Custom Torque on Take-Off (CTOT) system
- Fully customized pusher (anti-stall) logic
- In-depth FMOD sound design implementation, including distance effects, realistic prop reversal effects, etc.
- Functional gust lock system
- Custom electrical system/Starter Logic/Fuel System/prop logic/Bleed Air System/Avionics busses/Hydraulic Logic (Requires, among other things, pressurizing brake lines prior to chock removal)/Electrical Temperature system/de-ice logic
- Custom independent windshield wiper logic (with functional off and park positions)
- Airspeed Indicator with “Barber Pole” and functional test sequence
- RealityXP GTN750 support (with 3D panel display support)
- Extensive VR support with snap points in every passenger seat (All knobs, buttons, dials, handles, etc. also optimized for VR usage)
- Extensive HDR lighting with gimballed 3D lights and dynamically illuminated tail logo and ice lights for amazing night lighting effects
- Ground steering (tiller) system
- Includes air conditioning, pressurization, and oxygen system
- Features reversionary logic for EHSI and EADI.
- All passenger seats support seat backs, table trays, arm rests, HDR reading lights, stewardess call buttons.
- Main door has optional retractable passenger stairs.
- Functional stewardess control panel
- Visible and functional Ground Power Unit
- End-user customizable via Manifest.json file.
- Goodway compatible
- Engine design optimized for XP11.30’s new turboprop model
- Flight dynamics optimized for latest improvements in XP11.30.
- Support for “librain” plugin, including wiper support (Requires separate plugin install)
- Librain support also includes visual ice effects on windows.
You can purchase the Carenado Saab 340B for $39.99 from the Carenado website. The product is not yet available from the X-Plane.org store.