DC Designs Release the F-15 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
January 18, 2021
Inter-sim developer DC Designs has released their F-15 C, D, E and I Eagle for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The announcement came through a Facebook post and is available for purchase on Just Flight’s website.
The F-15 is DC Designs first aircraft collection for Microsoft Flight Simulator, and ships with 5 different variants. According to the product page, the aircraft is “designed to provide a top-quality aircraft that is extremely detailed, yet less demanding to fly than today’s most complex procedural simulators”.
A lengthy feature list has also been provided on the same page, which reads as follows:
- All models have been coded with Microsoft Flight Simulator native 'Model Behaviors' animations and built to MSFS operational specifications to prevent issues with future simulator upgrades.
- The DC Designs F-15 Eagles are fully compliant with MSFS native materials and make use of the new simulator's features such as rain effects and sounds, fully reflective glass, native aerodynamic sound structures, the new 'Modern' aerodynamics system with the ability to provoke 'departure spins', and customised visibility controls for wheel chocks, covers, GPU and guard.
- The F-15 Eagles also contain custom-built and animated effects such as G-vapor, afterburners, and custom-modelled Head-Up Displays.
- Other features include authentic night lighting which includes user-operated 'slime lights' for combat operations and custom-coded air-intake animations based on aircraft airspeed and angle-of-attack.
- Numerous external animations including canopy, crew ladders, tail hook and control surfaces are modelled to mimic the Eagle’s 'active' fly-by-wire systems.
- The F-15 Eagles are also fully compliant with Virtual Reality headsets.
- Truly 3D virtual cockpits featuring accurately modelled ejector seats, controls and detailed texturing, each matching the respective variants
- Instruments constructed in 3D with smooth animations
- Working rear-view mirrors
- 'Scratched canopy' glass effects, reflective glass
- Crew figures in the virtual cockpit are coded to disappear when you occupy their seats
- Front and rear cockpit positions included in all twin-seat variants
- 3D modelled dials, ADI, 'whiskey' compass and other high-detail instruments designed to emulate the appearance of the real F-15 Eagles
- MFDs with visual layouts based on the real aircraft systems
- Head-Up Display with authentic layout based on the real F-15 Eagle variants
- Custom-coded, user-controlled ordnance via the simulator Payload Manager, allowing for live mounting of weapons on hardpoints with active weight increase.
- A full operations manual is also included
You can find the original post on Just Flight’s Facebook page, and you can purchase the aircraft for $40.99, where you can also be kept up to date with the latest Just Flight developments regarding all simulators.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.