Orbx Releases Caernarfon Airport (EGCK) for X-Plane
March 28, 2020
Orbx has released Caernarfon Airport for X-Plane 11. Located in North Wales, Caernarfon is the base for Welsh Search and Rescue and air ambulance. Orbx says the airport is created with “superb detail” and that multiple trips were taken to the airport to ensure it was modelled to a highly realistic and accurate standard.
Initially announced about two weeks ago, Orbx has wasted no time in getting Caernarfon onto their virtual shelves. They also previously said a version for Prepar3D is possible if there is sufficient demand for it.
Features of Orbx’s Caernarfon Airport include:
- Ultra high definition 2cm/px bespoke hand-painted ground textures for the immediate airport area
- High definition, hand-crafted 30cm/px imagery for the surrounding area
- Custom and unique built ground vehicles and aircraft
- Accurately and superbly modelled buildings
- Detailed 3D fencing, signage and equipment
- High definition hand-crafted PBR materials for the airport buildings
- Historic RAF Llandwrog buildings
- Surrounding POIs such as Morfa Holiday Park, Fort Belan and farmland buildings
- Optimized for best performance and blended seamlessly with Orbx GB TrueEarth Central
- Animated and functional signal square, anemometer and windsock.
Caernarfon Airport (EGCK) for X-Plane 11 is available for purchase via Orbx Direct or Central for AUD $29.95 (US$18.46 | €16,53 | £14.82), and can be bought here. It should be noted the True Earth great Britain Central is required in order for the product to function correctly.
Previous articles about Orbx can be found here.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.