Biological Nanobot Updates Enhanced Skyscapes
Enhanced Skyscapes developer Biological Nanobot has published an update for the X-Plane 11 program. The "visual solution for X-Plane 11" replaces the default sky and clouds with realistic shader-based sky and fully volumetric clouds. It's fully compatible with weather injection add-ons, including but not limited to Active Sky XP and FS Global Real Weather.
The update brings some hefty changes to the program, detailed below:
- Improved sky colors with brighter sunsets, sunrises, and depiction of Earth's shadow
- New sky color options for different ozone levels
- Added smooth weather transitions
- Clouds are now affected by ambient lighting at night.
- Users can now disable the custom sky of Enhanced Skyscapes.
- Added an option to limit the number of cloud layers to save performance
- Added an option to control cloud update intervals
- Added a command to reload presets
- Added commands for adjusting various parameters live.
- Improved visibility depiction
- Implemented a workaround for an X-Plane 11 bug requiring to reload weather for clouds to show up when using the default weather engine
- Shadow circle no longer shows up while in OpenGL mode.
- Fixed OpenGL coordinate shifts that cause clouds to move abruptly
- Fixed a bug that caused clouds to look flat when the camera is below a cloud layer
- Fixed black circle artifacts around the horizon
- Linux version
Aspiring users of Enhanced Skyscapes can obtain the program on the Threshold store for 15.00USD. BioNanobot has provided prospective buyers a 20-minute demo to test the product before making their final purchase decision.
Share this page
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.