Biological Nanobot Updates Enhanced Skyscapes
May 27, 2022
Enhanced Skyscapes developer Biological Nanobot has published an update for the X-Plane 11 program. The "visual solution for X-Plane 11" replaces the default sky and clouds with realistic shader-based sky and fully volumetric clouds. It's fully compatible with weather injection add-ons, including but not limited to Active Sky XP and FS Global Real Weather.
The update brings some hefty changes to the program, detailed below:
- Improved sky colors with brighter sunsets, sunrises, and depiction of Earth's shadow
- New sky color options for different ozone levels
- Added smooth weather transitions
- Clouds are now affected by ambient lighting at night.
- Users can now disable the custom sky of Enhanced Skyscapes.
- Added an option to limit the number of cloud layers to save performance
- Added an option to control cloud update intervals
- Added a command to reload presets
- Added commands for adjusting various parameters live.
- Improved visibility depiction
- Implemented a workaround for an X-Plane 11 bug requiring to reload weather for clouds to show up when using the default weather engine
- Shadow circle no longer shows up while in OpenGL mode.
- Fixed OpenGL coordinate shifts that cause clouds to move abruptly
- Fixed a bug that caused clouds to look flat when the camera is below a cloud layer
- Fixed black circle artifacts around the horizon
- Linux version
Aspiring users of Enhanced Skyscapes can obtain the program on the Threshold store for 15.00USD. BioNanobot has provided prospective buyers a 20-minute demo to test the product before making their final purchase decision.
WF Scenery Studios Releases Beijing Capital International Airport (ZBAA) for Microsoft Flight Simulator
Tailstrike Designs and Windsock Simulations Release Airport Bergamo V2 for X-Plane 11
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.