FlyingIron Simulations Formally Announce F-117 Nighthawk
Military developer FlyingIron Simulations have formally announced their F-117 project for Laminar's sim, after posting a teaser of it last month.
The developer has previous experience in the X-Plane field too, following the release of the Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX last year. Threshold were lucky enough to review the Spitfire, so if you'd like to see if it's worth buying, find more information here.
In a post on their Facebook page, FlyingIron developers provide some background on the aircraft.
"For our simulation of the Nighthawk, we have invested heavily in purchasing all of the available documentation that has been declassified for the Nighthawk. This includes Operating Manuals, Utility Manuals, Performance Data & Testing Reports, Engine Data, Pilot Checklists and more. The declassification of the F-117 & its documentation have allowed us to truly dive into the systems and procedures and create a realistic simulation of the aircraft from the ground up."
A tentative feature list has also been made available:
- Hi-Fidelity Avionics simulations; this includes custom MFDs & CDU/NAV system (powered by SASL + Xlua)
- Highly Realistic Code based flight systems/procedures (Eg Fuel systems, FCS Systems, Autopilot systems etc.)
- Hi-Fidelity Art across the board; we are aiming to take the artwork quality seen in our Spitfire to the next level (images to come as texturing/modelling moves along)
- Performance & Data Matched Flight Model that replicates the unique quirks of both the FCS System and the instability of the aircraft when flying without the FCS (required for takeoff & landing)
- Realistic Simulation of the Twin F404 Engines
- Hi-Fi FMOD Sound System
- UFC HUD Controller
- Dynamic Heads up Display (HUD)
- Custom Particle FX + Rain FX
- Guided Weapons
- In-depth Navigation systems
To learn more about FlyingIron's previous X-Plane works, check out our review of their Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX.