Frank Dainese and Fabio Bellini Release Banff National Park
January 6, 2021
Frank Dainese and Fabio Bellini have surprised us with yet another release of a Canadian mountain scenery add-on; Banff National Park UHD for the X-Plane 11 platform.
Banff National Park was first established in 1885, making it Canada’s oldest park. The mountain region is located about 150 kilometres from Calgary and is known around the world for its beautiful mountain peaks and lakes.
The scenery includes everything from the valley’s 10 peaks to the two turquoise water lakes and a nearby village. Heliports and water-landing strips were modelled by the two developers.
Over 800 kilometres of mesh with 4K textures are included, covering the +51-117 tile.
Here is the list of features as provided by the developers:
- Covers over 800 sq km.
- included in the degree + 51 ° -117 °.
- From the valley of ten peaks, Lake Moraine to Lake Louise with the near village.
- The whole territory was reconstructed on a photographic basis.
- The tourist areas of the lakes are reproduced with typical buildings, hotels, residences ...
- All the vegetation has been mapped and faithfully reproduced in 3D.
- 2 “water runways” have been prepared for the flight from lake to lake with seaplanes.
- 2 heliports at the respective tourist sites.
- Reconstructed with 3D models the mountain groups with 4K textures processed from photos.
- Ten peaks and the homonymous valley, Mont Temple, Mont Lefroy, Mont Hungabee, Moraine lake, Louise Lake...
- This scenery is only suitable for VFR flight, only with a "visual flight".
Banff National Park UHD for X-Plane 11 is now available on the X-Plane.org Store for $22.95.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.