Orbx wows yet again with upcoming spectacular TrueEarth GB Central
Orbx is on a roll with their spectacular countrywide renditions, a few months after their release of TrueEarth GB South, the team unwrapped their second instalment covering the central region of Great Britian. Covering a gargantuan area of nearly 60,000 square kilometres, each orthoimagery tile are hand corrected and covers the entirety of the depicted region shown in the coverage map:
The central region brings solid detail to major metropolitan areas such as Liverpool, Manchester, and Newcastle. Furthermore, the team has created several scenic places such as the Lake District, the Peak District, Snowdonia National Park, the North Yorkshire Moors, and the North Wales Coast/Llandudno. Hundreds of Points of Interest locations lay scattered throughout the central region around areas including Bangor, Caernarfon, Cumbria, Northumbria, and Yorkshire, this will be a treat to those who likes all things medieval like castles and cathedrals.
Check out these stunning images:
- 37,000 square miles (59,383km2) of of hand corrected, crisp, color-matched aerial imagery
- New autogen technology developed specially for X-Plane 11, allowing thousands of realistic looking UK-themed houses to be placed at a realistic height with minimal impact on performance
- 72.5 million individually counted trees, ensuring maximum accuracy in forest areas
- Well over 4 million buildings at the correct height and location
- VFR landmarks such as masts, windfarms, churches, power-lines, and lighthouses are all accurately placed.
- Hundreds of custom-modelled 3D POIs
- Hand-placed and custom modelled landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, castles, piers, and monuments – this is especially noticeable in city areas such as Liverpool, Manchester, and Newcastle.
- Sharp and detailed 10-meter mesh brings out stunning detail in natural features such as hills and beaches
- Superb watermasking along the entire coastline
- Accurate road and rail network blended into the aerial imagery with moving left-hand drive traffic.
- Control Panel option to use photoreal major roads/motorways or synthetic X-Plane ones.
- Summer season only with full night-lighting supported
Users will enjoy a smoother and less intrusive instalation experience as the team has added a new built-in decompression feature in FTX Central to greatly reduce the download size ensuring an efficient installation process. In addition to these features, users will get free service packs for life as well as more POI models in future updates.
This looks to be even more stunning than TrueEarth GB South, from the images, it looks like there are more scenic areas to discover and fly around to.
TrueEarth GB Central will be soon available, and will cost AUD $54.95 (approx. USD $39.55 / €33.95 / £30.60)
If you want to see the scenery alive and breathing, make sure to tune into their official Twitch channel, where Brenden and Aimee from Orbx will be previewing the product at 20:00 GMT on Thursday 22nd November (Thanksgiving): LINK
To see more previews of Orbx's TrueEarth GB Central, head over to their Forums here: LINK