Gaya Simulations / Orbx Releases Kos for X-Plane
Following news from yesterday that Gaya Simulations' latest project will be releasing today at 19:00z, the team have come through on their promise and released Kos Airport and Island for X-Plane 11 and Prepar3D.
In a press release given to Threshold earlier today, we are given some background into the scenery.
"Undertaken in late 2019, the Kos project is Gaya Simulations' first Greek destination and the first to take part in the "Gaya Gifts" competition: a one-week giveaway run over the Christmas/New Year period, entitling any user that enters a free copy of the scenery for both Prepar3D and X-Plane 11.
"The company's CEO, Raz Goeta, says of the scenery: "I've always wanted to make something for the community, besides our normal payware sceneries - a gift for the support we've received for so many years. Something like this has been in the pipeline for some time."
"'I, personally, have been in Kos a handful of times and it's really missing good scenery in the flight sim space, so what better place to kick off Gaya's independent releases (Orbx moving to a publisher role only) and a debut airport to launch our website and store on.'"
Kos for X-Plane utilises the following features:
- Comprehensive recreation of Kos Ippokratis Airport
- Custom Greek autogen for the entire island
- Custom-made animated & accurate ground service vehicles specific to the airport
- 4K texture resolution
- Realistic night lighting
- Accurate trees and vegetation placement canvassing the entire island
- Dozen of custom points of interests around the island include resorts, churches, air turbines and more
- Hand-made recreation of Kastri Island in the Kefalos Bay
- 2020 airport ground layout
- Terminal and control tower interiors
- Optimised for smooth performance on a variety of systems
Entrants in the 2019-run giveaway can now log in to the Gaya Simulations website and unlock their Prepar3D copy. The free X-Plane copy officially will be available in 24 hours time, but whispers mention that it is also available now as well. When on the purchase page, simply click "use coupon".
If you did not sign up over the Christmas giveaway period, you can grab a copy from OrbxDirect here.