HighSkyTech xAmbience Delayed
Russian developer HighSkyTech have released further information regarding their second X-Plane plugin, xAmbience. The new weather addon was slated to release on November 28, however due to issues in pre-release testing, release has been delayed until the end of December.
Hours after Threshold reported on the imminent release of the plugin, the developer posted on VK.com announcing that the release was delayed and offered beta keys as an apology for any apparent deception (NOTE: beta keys are no longer available).
In subsequent posts on their VK page, HighSkyTech have revealed that work is continuing on atmosphere simulation and the implementation of seasons. They have also provided us with further previews of the product in action.
"This week we finish work on the atmosphere, and the effects of the external environment. Next week, according to the plan, final testing, adding a new system of seasons is compatible with versions 11.3x, as well as according to the plan until the end of December release."
Features of xAmbience include:
- Compatible with Active Sky XP and FSGRW
- Cloud draw system with draw special conditions
- Cloud direct draw system
- 20+ forms with adaptive change system
- Cloud flow system
- In cloud effects (turbulence, shake, precip)
- Atmosphere rendering system with custom lightness model (direct, ambient).
- Atmosphere colors depends at real weather conditions.
- Calculative sky with custom logic depends at real weather situation, air density, temperature and e.t.c.
- Fog, mist, haze effect calculative and adjustable.
- Precip effects.
- Shadow draw system.
- No performance impacts, unlike other addons.
- 20+ custom skies
- Sky raleigh depends at weather conditions, clouds situation, altitude and more..
- Custom atmosphere rendering model.
- Custom lights draw system with XP11 lightness model.
- Lights can be flashed, have effects at haze, visibility aspects and more..
- Custom effects at rain, fog and e.t.c.
- Custom wave draw system
- Wave draw system depends at real weather situation, sky colors, precip, storms, and e.t.c
- Wave can be adjustable
- Custom sun glitter logic
- Fully wave rendering model, like as real
- Seasons system, change system depends at real weather situation, also, supports custom scenery.
- Custom rain puddles draw system
- Road textures in HD with snow, rain, and other effects
- Plugin configurator with more sliders, settings, presets, and adaptive presets load system.
- AdvaptiveSelect™ - You can setup preset system. For example, xAmbience will automatic apply first preset at night, but preset second at day.
As before, the price of HighSkyTech xAmbience will be $32.95 and will likely be available on simMarket and the X-Plane.org store.