iniBuilds Releases P-40F Warhawk for MSFS
December 5, 2022
iniBuilds has just released their rendition of the Curtiss P-40F Warhawk for Microsoft Flight Simulator, a single-engined classic fighter first flown in 1938. It was the third most produced American fighter in WW2, with 13,738 units by the end of the production cycle in late 1944, playing an important role during the war, used by most allied powers.
From the hot and dry Deserts of the Middle East to the dampness of Europe, the Warhawk has been everywhere in WW2, with over 200 allied fighter pilots becoming aces flying the P-40. It remained in active use well after the War, by Brazil, Egypt, Finland, and Turkey. The Brazilian Air Force was the last to retire their fleet, in 1954.
The iniBuilds P-40F features the latest in CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) implementation from Microsoft, including the primary flight surfaces, control surfaces, and the propeller, with an authentically modeled Merlin engine which performs close to real-life figures (with feedback from type-rated pilots), a fully modeled fuel system, an electronic flight bag with maintenance page, moving map, radios, and weather information. The complete feature list follows down below:
- Utilizing the latest in CFD implementation from Microsoft in aspects of flight including the primary flight surfaces, control surfaces and the propeller
- Authentically modelled Merlin engine, delivering true to life performance, curated with empirical evidence from pilots rated on type
- Fully modelled and functional fuel system, utilizing the new fuel mechanics offered by Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Fully functional EFB - including maintenance page, moving map, radios and weather information. This is an optional feature, for those wishing to have a more authentic experience (EFB can be toggled off)
- Removable cowlings exposing our detailed Rolls Royce Merlin Model, in addition to removable gun bay covers or baggage compartments depending on the variant you wish to fly
- Authentic real world sound set from an operational P-40F
- Fully functional lighting both inside and out, including UV glow in the dark gauges and needles, allowing you to fly in all types of weather
- Seven 4K liveries using the latest industry techniques, whilst maintaining an authentic style of the aircraft
The airplane is available on the iniBuilds Store for roughly $18.43, requiring at least 2.99 GB of free disk space to install.
Stay tuned to Threshold for more flight simulation news!
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.