Just Flight Air Hauler 2 Released for Microsoft Flight Simulator
December 10, 2020
Just Flight's Air Hauler 2 is designed to put users in control of their own passenger or cargo airline, or join another's company virtual airline network. "Take charge of operations in the boardroom and in the cockpit," reads the product description.
"The limitless possibilities and flexibility of Air Hauler 2 will let you immerse yourself totally in every operational detail of your company - each crucial flight will have an effect on the reputation and reach of your expanding empire."
The software had previously been available for ESP platforms and as of May 2020, for X-Plane as well. Today's release also brings compatibility with Microsoft Flight Simulator, though the products appear to only work on one platform each - seemingly requiring multiple purchases for different sim platforms.
Just Flight provided the following, very detailed feature list:
- Cargo jobs – more variety, better paid jobs, and much, much faster generation than in Air Hauler, including access to an online global shared job board.
- Passenger operations – fly single passenger jobs between any airport you choose, or set up a schedule and routes for your airline to fly. You can let your AI pilots fly these routes or you can fly any of them at any time.
- Missions - take missions from new contacts you meet as you travel to new airports and destinations.
- Virtual Airlines – create your own Virtual Airline and recruit other AH2 pilots from around the world to fly passenger and cargo jobs! Advertise your airline on the Air Hauler 2 Hiring Bulletin Board. Accept and fly jobs from the Global Job Board and compete with other airlines for the best hauls
- Humanitarian missions - respond to real-world disasters by manufacturing and delivering relief supplies to local airports.
- New AI pilot skills tree system – AI pilots can now be ‘trained’ in over 18 different skills which bring benefits to your company. As the AI pilots improve, they ‘level up’ in rank which gives them more skill points to spend. There is a skill tree which has five different tracks with individual skills in each and these can be unlocked by spending points. So, for example, an AI pilot who has five points in ‘Bungee Warrior’ will be subject to less in-flight cargo damage as a result of rough handling than one who has less (or no) points in that skill. Other examples are ‘Rocketman’, which provides a more efficient cruise (lower fuel costs), and ‘Short Stripper’ which lowers the runway landing requirements for AI pilots.
- Take missions from clients at airports – supply them with rare commodities or perform photo recon flights or private charter flights.
- Commodity trading – buy and sell commodities rather than just move them for clients. Make your own fortune trading between airports!
- Upgrade your bases – upgrade them with fuel depots and commodity storage facilities, allowing you to hedge fuel prices and store commodities long term.
- Factories and production – build factories at your bases and use them to produce desirable commodities which can’t be bought on the open market.
- Find aircraft parts from vendors – find these at larger airports and use them to repair your fleet or build new aircraft yourself rather than buying them!
- New type rating system – get qualified on aircraft before you or your AI pilots can fly them.
- Buy and fly aircraft in your personal fleet – you can also transfer money from your company into your own personal account.
- Buy new aircraft direct from the manufacturer, or buy second hand – have the aircraft shipped to you or go and collect them yourself and fly them home.
- All-new Map views with great circle routes – several map tile choices are available.
- Create ‘custom airports’ – create custom landing locations in scenic hotspots, or for new airports which haven’t been added to MFS yet.
- Included database of common aircraft – designed to populate the stats while importing – no more searching for fuel burn figures!
The software, which weighs in at a 216 MB download, also comes with a new user interface reminiscent of Microsoft Flight Simulator's home screen.
You can purchase Just Flight's Air Hauler 2 for $49.49 USD from the group's online store.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.