Just Flight Releases Model 76 Duchess for X-Plane 11
Just a day or two after releasing the “final” previews of the aircraft, Just Flight have released a converted version of their Model 76 Duchess for Laminar’s sim. The aircraft was launched for ESP-platforms back in November 2018.
The Model 76 Duchess for X-Plane 11 lives up to Just Flight’s high standards, with PBR texturing and FMOD sounds coming standard in the plane.
The full feature list for the Model 76 is almost a page long, so here is shortened list:
- Accurately modelled Duchess Model 76, built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft
- Numerous animations including multi-animation passenger doors that, when open, respond to G-forces and air resistance, baggage door, cockpit window and sun visors
- Ground equipment including chocks and tie-downs
- HD textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials with real-time environment reflections for superb quality and realism
- Detailed normal mapping for down-to-the-rivet precision of aircraft features
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Interactive engine start checklist that responds to user inputs and sim variables
- Interactive checklists for every stage of flight
- Fully functional and comprehensive IFR capable avionics suite
- Custom-coded fuel system with crossfeed
- Custom-coded electrical system with functional circuit breakers and avionics power circuit. Circuit breaker logic is linked to X-Plane's internal failure logic, so if the plane is set to fail a certain electrical component after a certain number of hours, the circuit breaker for that element will pop out.
- Realistic landing gear with emergency extension, slow/fast tyre rotation animation (blurry when rotating fast), precise shock absorber animation and wheel chocks and tie-downs
- Simulated vapour lock condition, with warning pop-up and suggested actions
- Simulated spark plug fouling condition, with indication of percentage of fouling
- 11 detailed liveries
- Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real-world performance and handling data, and input from Duchess pilots
- Authentic sound set, generated using X-Plane's state-of-the-art FMOD sound system
You can purchase JustFlight’s Model 76 Duchess for $41.99 over on their website.