Just Flight Previews PA28 Warrior II for Microsoft Flight Simulator
May 12, 2021
Just Flight has posted their first development update regarding the upcoming PA28 Warrior II for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
In this update, the development team previews the aircraft for the first time in the simulator.
“We are excited to bring you this incredibly detailed rendition of the Warrior II, complete with realistic wear and tear, and cockpit configuration” the team states. Just Flight even added that they utilized “hands-on research with a real-life Warrior II, G-BOZI, based at Conington Airfield” to accurately model the aircraft.
While the features list is rather lengthy, here are some of the most notable features:
- Accurately modelled PA-28-161 Warrior II, built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft
- 4096x4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials with real-time environment reflections for superb quality and realism
- Tablet EFB for controlling various aircraft options, and checking aircraft and flight information
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Developed using the latest MSFS standards, including intuitive and easy-to-use controls for rotary knobs, multi-position switches and levers
- Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real world performance and handling data, and input from Warrior pilots
- Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data
The development team explains that as they further develop the aircraft, more previews will be posted on Just Flight's Website.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.