Khamsin Releases DHC-1 Chipmunk Version 2
October 4, 2020
Khamsin has released a substantial new iteration to their Chipmunk aircraft, the new version bring the aircraft to V2. The update released added all new models throughout many aspects textures to accompany the new models. Also added was a new sound set, made by Philip Ubben, a preview of which, can be found below.
The Chipmunk was an aircraft produced shortly after World War II, it was used as a training, sold in large numbers in the numerous years following the war. The aircraft was a direct replacement for the de Havilland Tiger Moth for many air forces around the world.
Here’s the full feature list:
- New external 3D model
- New cockpit 3d model
- New pilot 3d model
- New 4K and 2K PBR textures
- New FMOD Sound Pack by Philip Ubben
- Accurate 3D visual model with normal maps - HD 4K textures
- Fully detailed and animated 3D cockpit with 3D gauges
- Polygon optimized model, manipulators technology
- VR ready
- Avitab 3D integration
- 5 liveries
- Same FPS as Default Cessna 172 SP for Windows and macOS. FPS not tested in Linux.
- Options: show/hide reflections canopy and instruments, weight, sounds volumes
- COM, Transponder
The Khamsin DHC-1 Chipmunk is available for purchase for $27.95 from the X-Plane.org store now.
For users who owned version 1 of the aircraft, a discount code is available in the original invoice of the aircraft.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.