Threshold Exclusive: MisterX6's Latest Freeware Project Revealed
December 17, 2018
MisterX6's sceneries have long been considered the gold standard for X-Plane scenery development. Many recognize him for his high-quality freeware sceneries covering iconic American airports such as San Francisco, Portland and Boston. More recently, he has been releasing sceneries under the alias ShortFinal Designs for payware products, of which he has released three: Salt Lake City (KSLC), Albuquerque (KABQ) and Los Angeles (KLAX).
Today, Threshold has been given the privilege of exclusively debuting MisterX6's latest freeware product - an "early Christmas gift" - to the X-Plane community.
Japan Pro is MisterX6's first region-based scenery and covers all the islands of the Japanese archipelago. Its main features are completely overhauled regional autogen as well as custom objects used to enhance the cities of Tokyo and Naha.
MisterX6 has also provided us with a feature list for Japan Pro:
- Completely new set of high-quality autogen buildings
- Baked ambient occlusion
- Night textures
- PBR materials
- Complete autogen tiles
- High-resolution ground textures
- Details like cars, trees and fences
- Different kinds of houses, large apartments and industries
- Enhanced cities
- Naha: cruise terminal, cargo harbor, photoreal scenery
- Tokyo: Skytree, Tokyo Tower, harbor
- Highway signs
- Cars and trucks (dynamic and static)
- Shinkansen (bullet train)
- Fully compatible with Ortho4XP/HD Mesh
- FPS optimized models
- Small portions of orthophoto included
MisterX6/ShortFinal Design's Japan Pro will be released in a few days over on the X-Plane.org forum, for free!
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.