Orbx Releases Dundee Airport (EGPN)
As announced in the dying days of February 2020 and touted only a week ago in the patch notes for the company's TrueEarth GB North product, Orbx has released a new airport today, Dundee, located in Scotland.
Operations chief Ed Correia says that the new scenery provides the user with "ultra-detailed ground imagery that brings this famous Scottish airport to life, while the incredible PBR buildings add new levels of immersion for flight sim enthusiasts."
Being in the region of TrueEarth GB North, it's the first airport released for the newest of the British photoreal packages in some time, joining the likes of Sumburgh, which launched last year.
- Highly detailed rendition of Dundee airport with gorgeous texturing work
- Impressive PBR modelling across all 3D buildings within the airport
- Challenging 4,593ft runway that will test any pilot’s ability to land safely
- Perfect airport for light aircraft training, just as the RAF Cadets do in real-life
- Seamlessly blends in with TrueEarth GB North for the best experience
"Whether you’re taking flight on a scheduled commercial route, practising your light aircraft skills, or taking the world’s most famous golfers to the championship courses, Dundee will make an excellent addition to your collection of airports from Orbx", the developer says.
The product weighs in at a 1.50 GB download and requires the Orbx Central application to be installed. It is compatible with Windows 7+, macOS and Linux platforms.
To purchase Orbx's Dundee Airport (EGPN), do so on the group's web store for $34.95 AUD (approx. US$22.88 | €20,94 | £18.70).