Orbx Announces Tweed-New Haven Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator
January 11, 2021
Addressing a chronic lack of Orbx airports in the United States’ densely populated north-eastern seaboard for Microsoft Flight Simulator, Jordan Gough’s latest Orbx product will tackle Tweed New Haven Airport in the state of Connecticut.
“Located only a 15-20 minute flight from the centre of Manhattan and short hop to Boston, KHVN is the perfect stopover point for trips between the two cities. Located in a massive photogrammetry area, the entire city of New Haven is a sensational flight for the low and slow junkie, and fantastic visual circling approach from the north for the heavy haulers.”
“New to KHVN is a completely reworked custom ground poly, high resolution texture work and fully functional ground services.”
The airport is a conversion of that currently available for Prepar3D, which was released in April 2020.
The feature list for the Microsoft Flight Simulator version is as follows:
- A true to life depiction of Tweed-New Haven Airport crafted from on-site photos
- The largest Orbx airport in the north-eastern USA to date
- Ultra HD airport buildings with meticulous attention to detail
- Fully functional ground services
- Native Microsoft ground poly in Full PBR
- Perfectly located inside an enormous photogrammetry region with spectacular detail
- Custom static aircraft & GSE created exclusively for KHVN
- Optimized for best performance
- Perfectly located for short flights to NYC, Boston and the entire north-east coast
- Made compatible for Microsoft Flight Simulator by Jordan Gough
‘Further information’ can be expected out of Orbx in the coming weeks.
You can see the full slew of previews on Orbx’s forum.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.