Orbx Releases Landmarks Paris for Microsoft Flight Simulator
January 23, 2021
Recreating the skyline of the famous City of Love, Orbx's fourth release of the month takes us to Paris with the latest entry in their Landmarks series.
This is the second 'Landmarks' product out following London City which released in August 2020, alongside Microsoft Flight Simulator's launch. Paris will be succeded by Landmarks Singapore, which is due for release 'soon' according to the developer.
Orbx's recreation of the skyline includes 215 points of interest - 15 of which are 'high-detail'. The developer says the mix of these 'hero' assets mixed with 200 'medium-detail' objects combine to allow users to "get up close and explore, whilst still maintaining excellent performance across the city."
"The 200 medium-detail POIs are the perfect balance between quality and performance. They capture the essence of the city’s unique architecture, without impacting performance," they said.
Here's a breakdown of the package in short-hand:
- 15 high-detail custom landmarks including Notre Dame, Panthéon, The Centre Pompidou, École Militaire, and Église Saint-Sulpice
- 200 medium-detail custom landmarks, balancing quality and performance
- External night lighting for all default landmark objects, including Tour Eiffel, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, Sacre Coeur, and Grand Palais
- Extensive terraforming across the coverage area, enhancing how our custom landmarks sit within the simulator’s terrain
- Flattening of the Seine River and correcting riverbank heights
- Custom orthoimagery patches across the city to cover the blurred-out military areas in the default simulator
You can purchase Orbx Landmarks Paris for $14.99 AUD (approx. US$11.57 | €9,50 | £8.46) from OrbxDirect here.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.