Orbx TrueEarth Central released
Scenery development group Orbx have released the second of their TrueEarth-series scenery for X-Plane. 'TrueEarth' is Orbx's answer to the growing popularity of the freeware tool Ortho4XP and comprised of high-quality, colour-edited photoreal imagery, new autogen systems and hundreds if not thousands of VFR landmarks. 10-metre mesh terrain is also standard in the TrueEarth series.
Orbx TrueEarth GB Central covers the Central section part of the island of Great Britain, reaching from the 53rd parrallel up towards Scotland.
Features of TrueEarth GB Central include:
- 37,000 square miles (59,383km2) of hand corrected, crisp, color-matched aerial imagery
- New autogen technology developed specially for X-Plane 11, allowing thousands of UK-themed houses to be placed at a realistic height with minimal impact on performance
- 72.5 million individually placed trees, ensuring maximum accuracy in forest areas
- Well over 4 million buildings at the correct height and location
- VFR landmarks such as masts, wind farms, churches, power lines, and lighthouses are all accurately placed.
- Hundreds of custom-modeled 3D POIs
- Hand-placed and custom modeled landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, castles, piers, stadiums and monuments – this is especially noticeable in city areas such as Liverpool, Manchester, and Newcastle.
- Sharp and detailed 10-meter mesh brings out stunning detail in natural features such as hills and beaches
- Superb water masking along the entire coastline
- Accurate road and rail network blended into the aerial imagery with moving left-hand drive traffic.
- Control Panel option to use photoreal major roads/motorways or synthetic X-Plane ones.
- Summer season only with full night-lighting supported