Orbx Formally Debut TrueEarth US Washington
After an informal preview of the product last week, Aimee Sanjari and Orbx have officially debuted what they're calling "the most anticipated X-Plane announcement of 2019".
In a post on the Orbx forum, marketing guru Aimee Sanjari shares some insight into the latest in the TrueEarth product range.
"TrueEarth US Washington (TEUSWA) covers a huge 91,875 square miles (237,956 km²) which is most of the state of Washington, USA and also parts of British Columbia, Canada and Oregon, USA. Please refer to the coverage map below for the specific boundary. The place markers shown are where we have added cityscape 3D models for Seattle/Bellevue, Everett, Victoria, Spokane, Tacoma, Olympia and Yakima. There are many hundreds of POI models also throughout the entire state.
We have continued to develop PBR autogen technology especially for X-Plane which allows for region-specific houses to be placed accurately to ensure maximum immersion.
What really makes TrueEarth Washington unique are the Points of Interest. We have over 1,000 iconic landmarks - from Victoria and its beautiful harbour to the Seattle city skyline, its stadiums and vibrant waterfront – all based on 2018 and 2019 data. You won’t find a more comprehensive and up-to-date Washington flying experience anywhere!"
Also attached is a feature list:
- 91,875 square miles (237,956 km²) of hand-corrected, crisp, color-matched aerial imagery
- New PBR autogen technology developed especially for X-Plane 11, allowing thousands of realistic looking PNW-themed houses and buildings to be placed at a realistic height with minimal impact on performance
- 1,174 custom-modeled PBR 3D POIs!
- Over 500 million trees placed correctly based on detailed land use and high-resolution height data
- 42.6 million buildings at their correct height and location where data is available
- Major Cityscapes for Seattle, Bellevue, Victoria, Tacoma and significant buildings added to Everett, Olympia, Spokane, Kennewick and Yakima
- VFR landmarks such as masts, wind farms, churches, power-lines, and lighthouses are all accurately placed.
- Hand-placed and custom modelled 3D landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, stadiums, cranes, tanks, piers farms, and monuments – this is especially noticeable in city areas
- Sharp and detailed 10-meter mesh brings out stunning detail in natural features such as mountains, coastlines and valleys
- Superb watermasking along the entire coastline and most rivers and lakes
- Accurate road and rail network blended into the aerial imagery with moving traffic
- Summer season only with full night-lighting supported
The scenery will not be compatible with Drzewiecki Design's existing Seattle City XP package due to the extreme density of Orbx's VFR package - they do however concede that compatibility with their Seattle Airports XP pack will be strongly considered.
An optional HD pack will be available to purchase for an additional AUD$14.95. Find the features below:
"TrueEarth USA Washington uses efficient and optimised autogen, tree, 3D model and building facade textures for great performance on almost all mid-spec PCs, however for more powerful PCs with GPUs with at least 11GB of VRAM, we recommend purchasing the optional HD pack for better fidelity and clarity."
This pack includes:
- 1024 and 2048 texture options for all 3D models and autogen
- 2048 textures for the Terraflora trees
- BONUS WA56 Israel's Farm Private Strip included
- Enhanced replacement and additional 3D buildings for the Seattle urban airports, designed to enhance the XP11 Gateway airports
- A control panel so you can toggle between SD, HD and UHD textures
TrueEarth US Washington will be available mid-June from OrbxDirect for AUD $69.95 (approx. USD $49.70/ €44.25 / £38.20).
Also debuted today was the coverage map of the scenery, which you can find here:
You can find the teaser video released last week here.