Debut: Orbx announce first airport down under
Scenery development team Orbx have announced their first Australian scenery package; YBRM Broome Int'l.
YBRM is located in the north-west of Australia, on the coast of the Indian Ocean. It is a popular tourist destination - thousands flock to Cable Beach to see the clear blue waters, or learn about the town's rich history, serving as a pearling base in the 1880s. The airport features a single asphalt runway and is served by Qantas (and QantasLink) and Virgin Australia.
The announcement was made on the Orbx forums just a short time ago - here is what Jarrad Marshall had to say about YBRM:
"I am delighted to lift the lid on our very first Australian destination for XP11 - Broome International Airport! A project I originally developed for FSX a few years ago, Broome has been meticulously brought to X-Plane with the expertise of Mac Ottlinger and Chris Vezirgiannis."
Also attached in the post is a feature list -
- Superbly-detailed rendition of Broome International Airport
- Ultra-HD imagery at 7cm/50cm/80cm
- Professionally colour balanced and edited
- Includes the entire town of Broome
- 15 static aircraft unique to YBRM
- Advanced rendering techniques
- Dozens of local landmarks & POIs
- Custom tropical vegetation library
- Atmospheric dynamic lighting
- Hand-placed autogen
- Painstakingly ported to XP11 by Mac Ottlinger and Chris Vezirgiannis