Orbx Announces Samedan Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator
April 1, 2021
Uber-Popular developer, Orbx have announced the next airport to enter their line of quality sceneries for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The team takes us to Samedan Airport, located on the South-Eastern end of Switzerland.
The scenery features many high-quality characteristics including the implementation of both PBR and photo-realistic ground texturing. The group also goes on to explain that the scenery is perfect for VFR flights as included are the village of Samedan and St. Moritz. Orbx states that this scenery has been completely reworked from the Prepar3D version.
Listed below is the provided feature list:
- A completely new version of the bestseller
- Located in the south-east of Switzerland
- Full PBR UHD texturing
- Incredibly detailed, high definition rendition of Samedan Airport
- Scenic mountain landscape with glaciers, lakes and rivers all make stunning visual approaches
- Realistic HD textures created from on-site photography to provide the most immersive experience possible
- Includes the villages of Samedan and St. Moritz with many custom hotels and churches - perfect for the VFR fliers
- By Andreas Hegi
“Samedan Airport features the same level of detail you come to expect from our airport collection and blends in perfectly with the high-altitude, scenic mountains” Orbx states. “Coupled with a tough approach, Samedan Airport is the perfect spot away from the bustling international airports and for those looking for something more exciting to try”.
Orbx has not officially announced a release date or pricing of the airport however it appears as if the scenery is for the most part complete.
In the meantime, you can check out the source on the Orbx Forums.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.