Orbx Announces East Midlands Airport (EGNX)
Following on from their appearance at FlightSimExpo 2019, Orbx are returning to the United Kingdom with another airport, that being of East Midlands (EGNX).
The international airport is located in the East Midlands of course, between Derby, Loughborough, and Nottingham. Like many UK airfields, it was initially used by the Royal Air Force, and constructed in 1943 during the second World War.
Orbx have seamlessly integrated the airport into TrueEarth GB South, and includes high-resolution buildings, custom modelled cars and trucks, HDR lighting, and more.
The airport is to feature:
- An immersive rendition of EGNX East Midlands airport including the race track west to the airport and additional POIs
- Accurate ground service cars using in the airport- buses (both airport and public shuttles), fire fighters, gpu and more.
- 2k high regulation buildings
- Full PBR integration with ortho (mainly asphalt), buildings, vehicles, ground texture, etc
- Interior modelling on the tower and the terminal. In addition, the tower and the terminals are reflective and transparent
- Realistic static aircraft with the following liveries: DHL, Flybe, Thomas Cook, Jet2 and Ryanair.
- Animated firefighter truck will go from the station to the practice area every 20min. There is also a race on the racing track every 20 min (both are active from 08:00-22:00). The airport shuttles (skyline buses) also drive along the airport area.
- Stunning custom HDR night lighting
- Dense 3D grass with minimum FPS impact
- incredibly detailed special effects: Wind turbines and the smoke coming out of chimneys react to the wind speed and direction
- Ortho of 25cm/pix which blend smoothly and seamlessly with TrueEarth GB South
- Royal Air Force museum is included - this is located in the north-east part of the runway
- Custom ground poly
- Unique trucks, cars and other vehicles are present in the airport
The airport will be available for AUD $32.95 (approx. GBP £18.20 / US $22.95 / €20.50) through OrbxDirect. Whilst TrueEarth GB South is not required, it is recommended by the developer. The remainder of this article are many of the screenshots shared in the announcement, which can be found here.
A summary of their announcements and presence at FlightSimExpo 2019 can be found at this link.