Orbx Shows TrueEarth Great Britian South for X-Plane 11
Slowly slotting in to the X-Plane world, Orbx have showed additional previews of their TrueEarth Great Britain scenery for X-Plane 11 at Cosford 2018! Great Britain South will be the first area to be released, defined by X-Plane's one-degree tile system, with Central and North regions to be released at a later date:
GB South alone covers nearly 42,000 square miles of land in Wales and England. New autogen technology was developed to allow region-specific houses to be placed with high levels of accuracy.
Hundreds of UK landmarks/points of interest have been included throughout the region, based on 2018 data - Visual Flying Rules in the UK will never be the same again!
A full list of features to be included:
- 42,000 square miles (107349 km2) of hand corrected, crisp, color-matched aerial imagery
- New autogen technology developed specially for X-Plane 11, allowing thousands of realistic looking UK-themed houses to be placed at a realistic height with minimal impact on performance
- 130 million trees at the correct height and location
- 13.2 million buildings at the correct height and location
- VFR landmarks such as masts, windfarms, churches, power-lines, and lighthouses are all accurately placed.
- Hundreds of custom-modelled 3D POIs
- Hand-placed and custom modelled landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, castles, piers, and monuments – this is especially noticeable in city areas such as London and along the coast.
- Sharp and detailed 10-meter mesh brings out stunning detail in natural features such as hills and beaches
- Superb watermasking along the entire coastline
- Accurate road and rail network blended into the aerial imagery with moving left-hand drive traffic.
- Control Panel option to use photoreal major roads/motorways or synthetic X-Plane ones.
- Summer season only with full night-lighting supported
The scenery is to be released this month for AUD $54.95/USD $39.55/GBP £30.60/€33.95, with free service pack updates for life!
Check out the original announcement here for plenty more previews!
Thanks to Dave12222 for the tipoff through our XPNG Discord server!