Pyreegue Dev. Co. Previews Kyiv Boryspil Airport
January 15, 2021
Developer Pyreege of Pyreegue Dev. Co. has announced that Kyiv Boryspil International Airport (UKBB) will be released in either late January or early February.
UKBB is Ukraine’s largest airport, serving the countries capital of Kyiv. The field regularly sees traffic from well-known airlines such as Qatar Airways, Lufthansa, KLM, and more. The airport also sees a hefty amount of passengers pass through its doors each year, with the field seeing 15,260,300 passengers in 2019.
The developer provided us with a detailed feature list highlighting the multiple features and work put into the scenery. Some notable features from the list include terminal D and F having a fully modelled interior, 100+ custom objects, the inclusion of surrounding buildings, and more. You can view the full feature list below.
- High-quality textures for all models
- Custom Ground polygons with custom markings and dirt
- Runway slope profiles according to latest AIP
- ILS/VOR data according to latest AIP
- 2020 layout
- 100+ custom objects
- Terminal D with full interior
- Terminal F with full interior
- Surrounding buildings included (Epitsentr Mall, Ukraerorukh building, "Boryspil Hotel", etc. - Custom night lighting
- PBR textures for every object
- Optimized geometry and textures for best performance (5-10% FPS loss compared to default scenery)
- Default ATC/Traffic integration
No pricing information was revealed, and although we can expect the airport to release soon, no exact release date was given.
In the meantime, you can purchase the developers only scenery currently available for Microsoft Flight Simulator, Tivat, from Simmarket for EUR 12.80.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.