Thranda Design Releases Quest Kodiak V2 + REP Coming Soon
November 20, 2019
Dan Klaue's personal brand Thranda Design has today released version 2 of the Quest Kodiak, which was first released in November 2016.
Typically, Thranda Design operate behind-the-scenes, helping developers such as Just Flight, Alabeo and Carenado convert their aircraft to X-Plane - the Quest Kodiak being one of their own projects, alongside a PC-6 Porter which was previewed in late 2018.
Described as an "exceptional model" in the store description, version 2 builds upon the 6 previous updates since the aircraft's release 2 years ago this week.
The changelog for this update includes:
- Completely overhauled SASL to become SASL3
- Added expansion pack to base pack
- Added de-ice and exterior surface ice visualization
- Added optional TKS de-ice equipment and switches, can be toggled via the 2D pop-up
- New oxygen system and simulation
- Completely overhauled sound to take more advantage of improvements in FMOD
- Completely overhauled flight dynamics and water dynamics
- Added custom indicated airspeed error, compared to calibrated airspeed
- Added mud flap option
- Added ability to select between G1000 in-bezel autopilot and S-TEC 55 autopilot.
- Added synthetic vision
- Made improvements to VR configuration
- Improved custom annunciator system; the background scales with the number of items
- Improvements to custom annunciator triggers and logic
- Environmental system electrical draw is dependent on heaters and fan speed now
- Rewrite of weight and balance module
- Weight and balance weights can be saved and automatically loaded for the next flight
- "Simplified" engine mode now has correct engine reverser behavior
SimCoders, makers of the Reality Expansion Pack series, have confirmed to the developers that a REP package will be made available for the Kodiak soon. See more in this forum post.
Quest Kodiak version 2 by Thranda Design is available as a free update to current users of the aircraft. Currently, the update is only available to users on X-Updater, though it will be available through the store page later today, according to the developer.
You can purchase the aircraft for $33.95 USD on the X-Plane.org Store here.
Thanks to Pete H and Agent B-7 for tipping us off! See more in the Threshold Discord server.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.