Released: Turbulent Designs MBS INTL
It's about time you knock the cobwebs off of your favorite GA aircraft, because Turbulent Designs has just released MBS International airport! MBS is an airport used for both GA and commercial operations. It serves the cities of Saginaw, Freeland, Bay City, and Midland in the state of Michigan. The airport sits only 12 miles from the shore of lake Huron, making it a great spot to fly into for a nice summer day on the water.
Turbulent's rendition of MBS Airport is recognised in the MSFS community as a pivotal scenery that introduces several new advances in modelling and detail such as their much acclaimed RealFlora vegetation modelling. With MBS now available for X-Plane, users can enjoy a scenery that brings unprecedented level of detailing inside and out.
Turbulent’s rendition of MBS Intl. Airport features:
- Highly accurate HD airport, covering all airport buildings and the surrounding area
- Fully modelled terminal interior using real-world blueprints
- HD Ground Service Equipment vehicles
- High resolution ground textures all with custom normal maps for full immersion.
- Turbulent’s RealFlora textures, providing fully immersive vegetation
- 20km2 of colour-matched orthoimagery at 50cm resolution
- Completely redesigned and optimised to make full use of X-Plane 11
- Custom models to cover every car truck, house, barn and commercial building in the surrounding neighbourhoods.
- Ambient Occlusion, consistently Baked across the entire scenery
- Turbulent Designs’ high detail clutter library.
An arguably monumental release for the X-Plane community. We look forward to what else is in store from Turbulent Designs.
Pricing is $26 ($25.90)
This scenery is available from the X-Plane.org Store (here) or the Threshold Store (here).
[EDIT] We've been informed that *for a week*, Threshold Store is offering a 20% discount for MBS and Idaho Airport with the discount code "MBSLAUNCH"