RWDesigns Updates DHC-6 Twin Otter to Version 2.1
After a long period of silence from the developer, RWDesigns has updated his Twin Otter for X-Plane.
The update - announced on the X-Plane.org Forum - brings the new notable feature of a G1000 cockpit like that found in the Viking Twin Otter and a long list of bug fixes (fule changelog below).
RWDesign released his latest project, the Citation Mustang was released little under a year ago, in June 2019. Only a few minor updates for the aircraft have been seen from the developer since.
The developer has been in the community for a long period of time and is behind many other projects for the X-Plane platform, including the A330-300, first released in 2013.
Here’s the full changelog:
- Added G1000 version
- Make autopilot ALT button behave as altitude arm allowing to intercept set altitude in IAS mode
- Add autopilot button lighting as per overhead light dial
- Allow autopilot altitude changes via x-plane commands refs/keybindings sim/autopilot/altitude_down|up
- Add beta prop range
- Make throttle levers move visually through reverse/BETA/alpha
- Fix developer log filling with "[SASL ERROR] can't load component part_aa" when no livery selected
- Fix overhead Deicer Boots Inner/Out Wing switch
- Switch to x-plane's new PT6 "Free N2 Turobrop" model, tweak Ng/Np speeds, change gauges to use N1/2_percent, tune starter
- Fix bus tie switch as "normal" cross_tie should be 1, 0 otherwise
- Fix lights and igniters to work if on external power
- Fix MANUAL IGNITION meaning always on, NORMAL meaning auto w/starter, ENG IGNITER are three state (L/Both/R) but INOP
- Fix overhead flight compartment switch toggle power to cabin lights
- Redesigned floats for better water handling
- Make autopilot ALT button set current indicated altitude if IAS mode is not engaged yet.
- Add invisible water rudder improving taxi with X-Plane's limitations on water
- Rework autopilot buttons (light level, battery status)
- Add lighting to altitude selector, Nav, OBS, CRS knobs
- Fix texture of panel for spelling
- Fix texture of overhead ignitor switch
- Rework autopilot ALT button to allow to go into Altitude Arm, Hold, and out of hold successfully
- Recharge battery on external power (instant recharge allows startup of engines)
Existing owners should be able to load into the aircraft in X-Plane for the STMA Auto-Updater to update the aircraft.
RWDesigns’ Twin Otter can be purchased for $29.95 for the X-Plane.org Store.
Thanks to Discord user flym. For letting us know of this news in the Threshold Discord server.