Khamsin Studios Releases SA315B Lama for X-Plane 11
August 22, 2021
Khamsin Studios, with help from Philip Ubben, have released their rendition of the SA315B Lama for X-Plane 11. This aircraft comes complete with vr compatibility, PBR texturing, avitab integration, high quality animations and more.
The developers explain that the SA315B “was to be designed primarily for use in particularly high and hot environments. The result was a helicopter with impressive performance values for that time. This helicopter weighs only 1021 kg when empty, but with a maximum take-off weight of 1950 kg it is still able to hover freely in the air at an altitude of 4600”.
Parts of the features list can be found below:
- High detail 3D-model and textures by khamsin studio
- PBR textures
- Completely animated rotor head and blade flex
- High quality physics driven FMOD sound
- Uses only default joystick axes (throttle, collective, pitch, roll and yaw)
- Avitab integration
- VR compatible
- Very FPS friendly (comparable to default analog gauges C172)
The Lama is available for purchase on the X-Plane Org Store.
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.