Ultra Weather XP V2.5 Released
The developers of Ultra Weather XP have released V2.5, after months of teasing screenshots. The new update has many features including: layered clouds; compatibility with other weather information plugins like ASXP, FSGRW, NOAA and xVision; new water colours; new clouds and sky colours and many more (full feature list found below).
Ultra weather XP is available for the 3 main operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux) here.
This update is free for existing users of Ultra Weather XP from Version 2 onwards.
Thanks to discord user Mason2304 on the Threshold discord server for the tip off. You can join the discord server here.
- Complete Advanced System Plugin to Enhance X-Plane Weather Visually.
- Available for Windows Mac Linux.
- Works via X-Plane default weather system and compatible with weather information plugins such as ASXP, FSGRW, NOAA.
- Compatible with any other Plugins, Scripts which is not controls X-Plane weather visually.
- Interface divided to multiple tabs supported by many of buttons and sliders which give the ability to change the settings immediately.
- Dozen of Sky Colors for all weather conditions all times with two types of horizon and sun for each settings. (Spectacular & Normal Skies)
- Dozen of Clouds Textures for all weather conditions with three available colors (Blue Grey White) and two sizes. (2K & 4K) for each Clouds textures.
- Multiple Water colors.
- Enhanced Automatic Mist control with three option Low, Mid, High to controls the fog depending in reported weather, and Manual Control via a slider.
- Automatic Horizon Control with manual control via a slider.
- Automatic Sun Glow Control with manual control via two sliders.
- Automatic Sky Scattering.
- Ability to increase the glow of the whole Simulator via a check mark. (Extra Gain)
- Automatic Fog decreasing during sunset to avoid the illuminated fog under aircraft via a check mark. (Reduce Sunset Fog)
- Ability to control the Saturation of sky color via a slider. (Sky Colors Depth)
- Ability to increase Terrain range via a slider. (Terrain Distance)
- Ability to control the brightness of the whole simulator via a slider. (Overall Brightness)
- Ability to control the glow of the moon.
- Textures changing randomly and separately, in each X-Plane restarts via one button for each textures. (Random Sky, Random Clouds, Random Water Colors)
- Automatic and Manual Clouds brightness.
- High definition Clouds shadows.
- Automatic Clouds size and amount depending in reported weather with manual controls via separate sliders.
- Automatic Avoid Cutoff to avoid cutted Clouds by Terrain, with manual control via a slider.
- Ability to blend Clouds with terrain via a check mark. (Extra Blending)
- Three Overcast Mode. (Puffy clouds, Normal Clouds, Flat Clouds)
- Ability to reduce Flickering Clouds via three check marks.
- Automatic Clouds coloring depending on sun position with multiple manual coloring sliders.
- Ability to control the clouds shadow intensity via a slider. (Clouds Shadow Power)
- Ability to increase the amount of puffs for "Flying through Clouds" effect and for all clouds via two Separate sliders. (Amount of in + Out Clouds puffs)
- Automatic Water Waves control with multiple Manual controls via sliders.
- Ability to turn water reflection on or off via a check mark.
- Ability to control water waves speed via a slider.
- Custom Lights Textures, with ground and objects illuminating effects.
- Ability to control the power of all lights.
- Separate Sliders to control the power of far and near lights.
- Automatic Night Haze which reflect night lights over the fog depending on cities size and turn it off while flying outside cities with Manual control via a slider.
- Custom Thunder, Rain, Hail, and Ambient sounds.
- Ability to control the Volume of Ambient sound via a slider.
- Ability to turn all objects shadows on or off via a check mark.
- Ability to control objects shadows resolution via a slider.
- Ability to increase the range of objects shadows via a slider.
- Ability to control the intensity of objects shadows via a slider. (Shadows Power)
- Ability to change between Default X-Plane and Ultra Weather XP via check marks.