VSKYLABS Releases ICON-A5
VSKYLABS Aerospace Simulations has officially released their ICON-A5 for X-Plane 11. Part of their 'Test-Pilot' series, the aircraft is designed to make use of X-Plane 11.30's experimental flight model, and is accompanied by many features.
The aircraft is an American light single engine amphibious aircraft, ideal for sports-related flying. Its folding wings and car-like cockpit allows anybody to easily fly and store the aircraft, as well as fly it nearly anywhere around the world with short takeoff and landing distances.
The A5's main features are:
- The most comprehensive VSKYLABS Project up to date.
- VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' Project designed X-Plane 11 latest cutting edge flight dynamics model.
- Highly defined flight dynamics model of the ICON-A5, built around the powerful, native X-Plane 11.30+ 'Experimental Flight Model' environment (must be selected in the General settings window in X-Plane 11).
- 'Built for VR' (Virtual Reality) Ready (of course it is a joy to fly in 2D...).
- Unique aspects of the ICON-A5 are simulated and are part of the flying experience along with the unique and authentic systems, cockpit panels and display systems.
- Highly detailed, fully animated aircraft exterior and interior 3D model.
- Fully functional, authentic A5 Angle of Attack display system.
- Unique and authentic iconography, embedded into the display systems in the cockpit.
- CAP system (Ballistic Parachute system) modeled along with automatic gear retraction upon activation.
- Bilge water build-up and purge system are modeled.
- Removable cockpit windows.
- The A5's unique custom designed, authentic Landing and Taxi lights.
- Custom built PFD Companion and a fully functional Autopilot system included.
- High quality, animated pilot figure for highly immersive experience in 2D/VR modes.
- Built-in Avitab Plugin compatibility (AviTab plugin is not included).
- FMOD Sounds.
- The project is under constant maintenance and development, updates are free.
- Highly responsive VSKYLABS support forums.
Grab the aircraft over at x-plane.org for US $32.95.
Follow VSKYLABS Aerospace Simulations on Facebook here.