vFlyteAir Piper Cherokee 140 "Completely Rebuilt" for X-Plane 11.30
The developers at vFlyteAir have been busy behind the scenes working on bringing X-Plane 11.30 compatibility to all of their aircraft for Laminar's sim, the first such plane to receive an update is their Piper Cherokee 140 - an aircraft that hasn't had an update since 2016.
vFlyteAir say that version 3 is "basically a brand new model!" bringing improvements across the board, namely the inclusion of FMOD sounds, new PBR and normal map textures and VR compatibility.
Also touched on in version 3 are:
- New “Convertible” Instrument Panel – choose which panel you'd like to fly with by using the kneeboard Options menu, or click on the “PANEL OPTION” labels located on the instrument panel below the radio stack.
- New Kneeboard with Options Menu – click on the kneeboard stowed on the pilot's side cabin panel to open the kneeboard. You can select various options and preferences from the menu, and you can add fuel to the left and right side tanks.
- “Save State” Preferences – your preferences, options and many cockpit settings are automatically saved when you exit X-Plane or unload the Cherokee 140. The next time you fly, your settings are automatically restored.
- Automatic Support for RealityXP® plugins – If you have the RealityXP® GTN650 plugin installed and configured as Unit #1, a GTN650 instrument will automatically appear where the Garmin g430 GPS is located in the radio stack (GPS panel option only). Likewise, if you have the RealityXP gns430 plugin installed and configured as Unit #1, the RXP gns430 screen will automatically replace the default g430.
- Integrated Support for the AviTab Plugin – if you have the AviTab plugin installed, a tablet will appear in the cockpit with the AviTab screen active. You can move the tablet around the cockpit by clicking on the outer edges of the tablet around the screen and dragging it. You can click the power button on the tablet to hide it.
- ShadeTree Micro Aviation Autoupdater Included – your copy of the Cherokee 140 will stay up to date with improvements and bug fixes automatically
- Virtual Reality Optimized – ready for VR flight!
- New FMOD Sounds – all sounds are now FMOD to provide a more realistic environment
- New PBR Textures – interior NORMAL textures added for better realism
- Improved Animations – we are taking advantage of new X-Plane internal features to provide more realistic animations
You can purchase the vFlyteAir Piper Cherokee 140 for $24.95 from the X-Plane.org store.