VSKYLABS Release the Icon-A5 Project for X-Plane 11
November 20, 2020
According to the developers, the new version v2.0 “introduces a brand new FMOD sound package and a brand new, fully functional 7" LR G1000 bundle with dual functionality (PFD/MFD) on a single display”.
The ICON-A5 Project is “the most comprehensive VSKYLABS Project up to date”, they state on the store page for the aircraft, and it is evident with the lengthy feature list they have provided on their store page, which is read as follows:
- Highly defined flight dynamics model of the ICON-A5, built around the powerful, native X-Plane 11 'Experimental Flight Model' environment.
- 'Designed for VR' - Virtual Reality Ready
- Highly detailed, fully animated aircraft exterior and interior 3D model.
- Fully functional, authentic A5 Angle of Attack display system.
- Unique and authentic iconography and embedded into the display systems in the cockpit.
- CAP system (Ballistic Parachute system) modeled along with automatic gear retraction upon activation.
- Bilge water build-up and purge systems are modeled.
- Removable cockpit windows.
- The A5's unique custom designed, authentic Landing and Taxi lights.
- Fully animated wing-fold mechanism, embedded into the flight dynamics model/physics.
- Fully functional LR G1000 Avionics - Incorporating an innovative solution of a single display with dual PFD/MFD modes!
- Fully functional G1000 autopilot modes.
- Custom built PFD Companion and a fully functional Autopilot system included.
- High quality, animated pilot figure for highly immersive experience in 2D/VR modes.
- Built-in Avitab Plugin compatibility (AviTab plugin is not included).
- FMOD Sounds.
- STMA Auto Updater plugin included
Threshold encourages informed discussion and debate - though this can only happen if all commenters remain civil when voicing their opinions.